Added values for association members
The association represents the interests of the trailer industry and their suppliers towards German and European representatives from the field of politics, their authorities and institutions. The goal is the assertion of the association‘s participation in important planned statutory amendments.
The website of the TIV should become a central competence platform concerning all aspects of trailers up to a 3,500 kg permissible maximum mass. All the members have free access to:
- relevant statistical data (e.g. registration figures of the German Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA)),
- current legal texts and other important official publications which relate to the industry,
- the current expertise of the working groups.
The head office of the TIV association in Berlin can be used by the members as an event location for a small fee.
The TIV in figures
Purpose of the association
The purposes of the association are the following in particular
- the observation of the rights and interests of the trailer industry and the PR work in the fields of industry policy, of consumer protection, product liability and the shaping of law,
- the supporting and advising the legislative bodies and authorities at national, European and wider international levels in all matters affecting the manufacturers and suppliers of trailers and trailer-related products,
- the observation of the interests of the trailer producing industry and suppliers vis-à-vis other national, European and other international industry associations,
- membership in national, European or other international trade associations, and participating interests in companies regardless of their company structure, insofar as membership or participating interests serve the association purpose or the members of the association,
- the networking and the transfer of expertise between the association members through working groups and the association’s website.